Monday 10 February 2014

United Kingdom- World Heritage Sites . Tower of London and Canterbury .

Europe-United Kingdom-England-London  The Tower of London one of London's must see sights and a World Heritage Site. I was brought here at a very young age and still remember how impressive it was . I went home and got a book out of the library and it got me interested in history. I enjoyed it as much this visit too. 

It is a pity that London does not have a General Post office any more. We have one in Dublin . So you have to go to the one near Leicester square , as that has the most options buying stamps. 

Europe-United Kingdom-England-Canterbury  This was  good train ride from London. I had been planning to get here for some time, but never did until this trip. Unfortunately for me Canterbury is not as impressive as I had hoped. I much prefer the Cathedral in Durham in Northern England. A World Heritage Site. 

The cancellation machine made some sort of mark on this stamp , but as it happens in the UK many stamps are never postmarked. I like these stamps as they feature smiling faces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment